7/29/08

Consumed

For those of you who read my other blog, you may have noticed that I briefly mentioned the house fire that occurred in my neighborhood yesterday. My son and I scoped out the area this morning and this is what we saw...



It appears the fire started in the garage. According to my son's keen observation, the car was most likely the cause and was probably removed from the garage after the blaze was controlled.




The roof is gone and the house is destroyed. These poor people have lost everything. My son and I saw the homeowners this afternoon and they left with one garbage bag full of belongings that they were able to salvage. Such ashame.



Ironically, the only things that did survive were a few flowered plants outside the house.

I'm willing to bet that the frequent rain we've been having lately kept the pine trees surrounding the house moist enough that the fire fighters were able to contain the fire to just that house. I'm sure the neighbors are very thankful right now! Of course the one day it didn't rain in the past month was yesterday, when the fire happened.

2 comments:

Tug said...

Oh, that sucks. Wow.

I had a car burn to the ground once, but thankfully it didn't get my house - still much suckage.

Queen Goob said...

How horrible.......my heart aches for them.