8/3/08

Golden Delicious

Anyone who lives in the south knows how difficult it is to grow fruit trees of any kind. Unless you're some big Florida orange juice corporation who has the know-how and the man power to keep their product alive, no matter what the cost.

I was kind of surprised to see this apple tree in someone's front yard.


I wish the people who owned this tree would take better care of it or at least pick the fruit before it goes rotten because it should be loved and cherished and there were very few apples that weren't rotting away. I can think of many places who would want the apples if they don't want the fruit like donating them to the food bank here in town or even a local horse stable - everyone knows horse's love apples!

5 comments:

Tug said...

Love the bokeh in the picture...and yeah - those of us that would totally take care of the trees & fruit can't grow them. Those that can grow them, either don't care, or take advantage. Another unfairness of life.

*sigh*

Ivanna Takurpicture said...

Tug I'm sorry...you love the what?!?!?! Bokeh??!

Tug said...

The blurry background...I learn a lot from this site: http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/

Ivanna Takurpicture said...

Well look at you with the photography lingo!! LOL! That's great, thanks! I hadn't even noticed the background until you mentioned it and I think it looks cool as well (if I do say so myself!). Thanks for that link, I'll definitely check it out!

Charlie said...

Citrus trees abound here in Phoenix: they grow like weeds. It's sickening, though, how many people, and there's a ton of them, who just ignore them and the fruit.

We have an orange and a lemon, both of which Martha raised virtually from sticks. I think she talks to them more than she does me.

But it's worth it: Fresh orange juice in the morning and homemade lemonade.