6/30/08

Morning Moon

As I mentioned on my other blog, the sunrise shots I had planned were foiled by early-morning speeders along a scenic highway that is full of photographs waiting to be shot. But I managed to get this manual shot of the moon while I was awaiting the sunrise.

I have to say, I'm most impressed with this shot because it was taken manually and not with the automatic feature. The reason I'm impressed with this is because since the age of three, I've had very poor eyesight which can be greatly attributed to poor photograph-taking, especially manual shots. I have tried taking photographs with the manual feature in the past with very little luck and many blurry shots. Not to sound so pessimistic, but I don't think I will get this lucky again any time soon!

I like the way the glow of the moon fills up the shot yet you can still see the definite shape of it that morning.

3 comments:

Tug said...

LOVE this shot!!

I so get the blurry on manual thing, but I'm sticking with it anyway - makes for some interesting pics - LOL.

Ivanna Takurpicture said...

Thanks Tug! With regards to the manual thing, if I took all my shots manually, everyone would be cockeyed!

Ivanna Takurpicture said...

Thanks Mom! I appreciate the feedback. :)