7/5/08

Happy Birthday, America!

Okay, belated, but I had to take photos of the fireworks, right?!

It was pretty challenging, actually. I finally figured out that I had to snap the photo directly after the discharge and directly before the explosion in the sky.

They're nothing like the fireworks in NYC but they'll do!




And then?

I managed to delete the entire night from my camera! So other than these shots and a few others that I had already imported to my computer, the rest is lost...which isn't such a crime because those that were imported were the best ones, the ones of my daughter holding a sparkler can be taken on any day of the week and the one that I shot that had nothing to do with July 4th can be recreated at any other time as well. But man, talk about frustrating!!!

Well, I guess we learn from our mistakes, right??

4 comments:

Tug said...

Wow, I'm glad you had these imported - they're AWESOME!! Our fireworks here sucked - I didn't even take out my camera.

Ivanna Takurpicture said...

Thanks Tug! I always appreciate your ego-stroking compliments, lol!! I hate to say this because I know how much cities spend for a July 4th fireworks display and that there were some smaller cities this year that couldn't even afford to have fireworks, but I don't feel like my city gave me much to work with. If I recall correctly, our fireworks were more entertaining last year. And I don't know how they do things where you are, but here there's a radio station that plays the music over the airways in time to the fireworks and it was the same exact songs they used as last year which was a huge disappointment in my opinion.

Tug said...

Generally here they have fireworks to end the Stampede (rodeo, fair, etc.) and there's a concert going on. Being able to see them from home though, I haven't been down to the actual fireworks for a few years, so my background noise is whatever I choose. ;-)

Queen Goob said...

so.....how many bad words slipped out when you realized you deleted them?